[Matroska-users] (no subject)

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 07:19:32 CET 2006

Duct Tape Tip No. 140:
     Join two pets, tail to tail, and see what happens.*
*Hint #140 is also not endorsed by anyone that we know, although it
would be kind of fun to watch, wouldn't it?
     --The Duct Tape Book by Jim and Tim

On Mar 4, 2006, at 14.52, a3551167 at comcast.net wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering if there's any way I can convert a mkv. file to
> an avi. file while keeping the selected subtitles.
Well, that depends. If you want to keep the soft subtitles, no. AVI
was never meant for that. Which is part of the reason you'd use
Matroska in the first place. I really don't understand why you would
want to do this.

If you want to hard-code the subtitles into the video, then you can
do that with any transcoding application that can read Matroska.

Of course, it would help if we knew if you were using Linux, Mac OS
X, NetBSD, UNIX, Windows, whatever.