[Matroska-users] Writing MKV to a DVD-R for playback in a DVD player

ashmoors at optimumexperience.co.uk ashmoors at optimumexperience.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 18:26:30 CEST 2006

Hey,
I've checked through previous questions and couldnt find one on this, so I
thought I'd ask.

I've downloaded a Foreign Language movie in the .mkv format, and it has
subtitles and plays back fine, I was wondering if I (managed to) write it
onto a DVD-R (set as an ISO in a program such as Nero Burning Rom SE),
would I:
1) Be able to playback the DVD in a normal, region-free DVD player (i.e.
would the mkv file be recognised)
2) View the subtitles?

Oh, and would you have any idea on the prefered settings for the mkv to
playback on DVD player?

Thanks