[Matroska-users] Demultiplexing Matroska

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Mon Mar 13 07:10:17 CET 2006

Hello. I'm looking to chop a file I converted to Matroska. However,
the point I'm looking to chop the file up at is not a key-frame. All
attempts to de-multiplex the video have failed. Using mencoder with
Video Codec copy and Audio Codec copy, the file still had the
aggressive key frame problems. Using mkvextract, and then re-
multiplexing the file with mencoder yielded out-of-sync audio (The
Matroska file was padded for in-sync audio). Using VLC, I get the
same results.

I don't want to transcode this video any more times than I have to. A
Windows application is not an option. I'm using Mac OS X, and I know
my way around the UNIX core, so I'm not scared of the CLI. I'm hoping
remultiplex the video into either AVI, OGM, or some other format, and
allowing for me to cut between key-frames without massive damage to
the video.

Duct Tape Tip No. 130:
     Cat underfoot? Tape it to the ceiling.
Duct Tape Tip No. 131: