[Matroska-users] Re: MKV File Problem (w/ MatroskaDiag log)

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jun 18 10:53:26 CEST 2006

Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
>> Codec : (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
>> Language : English (eng)
>> Pixel Width : 704
>> Pixel Height : 396
>> Display Width : 16
>> Display Height : 9
>
> Another problem might be the set Display Width and Display Heights.
> They're currently set for 16 and 9, respectively. My guess is that the
> aspect ratio is 16:9, but those parameters shouldn't be set like that.
> So, at the moment, looks like the decoder (if it's respecting those two
> settings) is outputting to 16 pixels by 9 pixels. Remuxing the file with
> a proper display resolution might fix it, assuming the codec isn't your
> problem. I could be wrong, though.

While trying to extract some data from an ASF (DVR-MS) file using
Haali's muxer I noticed it sets the aspect ratio this way. Is that a bug
or a special feature ?

The specs say:
DisplayWidth  	4  	[54][B0]  	-  	-  	not 0  	PixelWidth  	u-integer
Width of the video frames to display.

DisplayHeight 	4 	[54][BA] 	- 	- 	not 0 	PixelHeight 	u-integer 	Height
of the video frames to display.

That's in pixel, it's not an aspect ratio.

Steve