[Matroska-users] Cannot Extract Tracks (Garbled Output)

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Sat Jun 10 08:26:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006, at 23:57:00 -0500, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
> Well, your MPlayer version is waaaaay out of date. Upgrading to SVN
> is advised.

I'm using the latest from the FreeBSD ports system. Reading the changes
on the port, it's said to be using 1.0pre7, which sounds fairly close
to the "1.0pre7try2" that's on the MPlayer site. I understand SVN is
current and the most up to date, but I am using the newest version that
has been ported to my OS.

> The data is missing. It seems the mailing list system must have
> stripped out the attachment. But, in this case, I think Moritz
> Bunkus is on the right track, about the output being a straight
> H.264 stream. You might have to remux the output file as an MKV file
> in order to use it.

I'll just paste the text onto the end of this message. My end goal is
to load the audio+video into Avidemux2 and convert it further....but
Avidemux doesn't load the extracted video either. I originally asked on
the Avidemux forum, and they said I needed Matroska to demux the file,
and then I could load it into Avidemux. If no players can play the
extracted tracks though, then I can't expect Avidemux to be able to
load them either.

Again, sorry if this is a "noobish" type question/problem, but I'm just
thinking there is something wrong with the extracting, or how I'm doing
it.

Thanks again.

-Mark

+ EBML head
|+ Doc type: matroska
|+ Doc type version: 1
|+ Doc type read version: 1
+ Segment, size 16877313
|+ Seek head (subentries will be skipped)
|+ EbmlVoid (size: 4027)
|+ Segment information
| + Timecode scale: 1000000
| + Muxing application: libebml v0.7.6 + libmatroska v0.8.0
| + Writing application: mkvmerge v1.6.5 ('Watcher Of The Skies') built
on Dec  7 2005 18:53:53 | + Duration: 64.416s (00:01:04.416000000)
| + Date: Wed May  3 16:22:17 2006 UTC
| + Segment UID: 0xad 0x73 0x00 0x2e 0xd5 0x0d 0xd9 0x5b 0x98 0x29 0xd1
0x9e 0x20 0x42 0x0b 0x47 |+ Segment tracks

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)

GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc