[Matroska-users] Need help with an mkv file

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 20:10:29 CEST 2006

On Jun 7, 2006, at 00.52, Clifton Plummer wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Basically, I downloaded a .mkv file, and it doesn't work. At all.
> In fact, on the whole it crashes most of my players. Heres the
> specs from matroskadiag.exe.

Well, your file looks OK. Sounds like a problem with your demuxer.
Have you tried using a program that doesn't rely on the Microsoft
demuxing system, like VLC?

Try upgrading/reinstalling your Matroska demuxer, see if that helps.

> 266> Failed connecting pin to ffdshow Audio Decoder, removing it now.
> 266> Trying connection to DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) :
> 266> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) AddFilter failed : :
> Unspecified error (0x80004005)
> 266> Trying connection to CoreVorbis Audio Decoder :
> 266> OK, connected to (XForm In)CoreVorbis Audio Decoder
> 266> # Rendering output pin C:\Program Files\BitLord\Downloads\
> [Exiled-Destiny]_Dirty_Pair_OAV_and_Movies\[Exiled-Destiny]
> _Dirty_Pair_OAV_Ep01_(F493B656).m(Audio) -> CoreVorbis Audio Decoder
> (XForm Out)
> 266> Filters matching mediatype : ffdshow Audio Decoder,
> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version), Default DirectSound Device,
> ACM Wrapper
> 266> Trying connection to ffdshow Audio Decoder :
> 266> Failed connecting pin to ffdshow Audio Decoder, removing it now.
> 266> Trying connection to DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) :
> 266> DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) AddFilter failed : :
> Unspecified error (0x80004005)
> 266> Trying connection to Default DirectSound Device :

Looks like the problem is somewhere in the VobSub renderer or the
Vorbis decoder. I don't use Windows, so I'm not entirely sure whether
these are normal errors, but the big red letters "AddFilter Failed"
seem to be bad.