[Matroska-users] Cannot Extract Tracks (Garbled Output)

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Thu Jun 8 23:58:26 CEST 2006

Hi everyone. I'm new to Matroska, but it looks like a very interesting
project!

I have a few clips here that I cannot seem to extract using
mkvextract. Doing a `mkvmerge -i` on the file shows the following
info:

Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
Track ID 2: audio (A_AC3)

However, when I try to extract it, the output is all garbled blocks of
colors and mplayer gives these errors:

AC EOB marker is absent pos=66
AC EOB marker is absent pos=66
AC EOB marker is absent pos=92
[etc]

I tried a few variations, but the command I've tried for both clips so
far is this. It goes fine without any errors, but the output of both
the avi and ac3 is all garbled.

mkvextract tracks file.mkv 1:test.avi 2:test.ac3

Sorry if this is a common question, but I did search the FAQ and lists
but didn't come up with anything.

FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
libmatroska-0.8.0

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)

GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc