[Matroska-users] remuxing chapters to an existing mkv file

egf05 at doc.ic.ac.uk egf05 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sun Jul 23 20:12:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have created mkv files with mkvmerge with chapters, successfully. I would like
to know if it is possible to update the chapter file (I use the "simple" OGM
chapter file syntax) and save it in my existing mkv file, replacing the old
chapter structure. I saw that mmg offered that option (save to a matroska file)
but could not make it work. Anyway, I would like to know how to do it in command
line. If I remux my mkv file with mkvmerge, it just adds the new chapters to the
old ones, it does not replace them.

I apologise in advance if this question has been already treated, I looked at
the archives but did not find an answer.

thanks a lot,
Eric Fernandez