[Matroska-users] Problems with mkv file

JHP darzog at gmx.net
Mon Jan 23 15:42:09 CET 2006

Hi Guys!
I have got a problem with my copy of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.
I live in Germany an thus cannot watch this great movie :(
I have tried to DVDSanta it, but DVDSanta just told me, that the
Audioformat would be
wrong and could not be encoded.
I tried many things:
First of all I demuxed the entire original file, which contained an avi,
aac, and srt file. I then
converted the aac to wav and tried to mux the avi and the wav. It did
not work
without an error, which i ignored by typing in an additional command line.
That got me a new mkv without the subtitles which i wanted to add later
on in DVDSanta.
But Santa just told me the audio thing was wrong.
The log is attached, so please help me
thx, jan

Matroska file info : D:\Final.Fantasy.VII.Advent.Children.mkv
File size : 2.90 GB
File complete : yes
Duration : 01:41:00.978
Writing application : mkvmerge v1.6.5 ('Watcher Of The Skies') built on
Dec  7 2005 18:53:53
Muxing application : libebml v0.7.6 + libmatroska v0.8.0