[Matroska-users] MKV to DVD Conversion Guide, using DVD Santa 4.0

Jimmy De Vito jimmydevito2003 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 10:18:24 CET 2006

    Re: http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/dvd/index.html

  After finally trying 5 days with every method possible as a last resort I tried dvdsanta and it worked great for H264 files and thereofre that guide was useful, but the problem was subtitles. The way around this is to add hard susbstitles and get FFDshow to do that .However by using dvdSanta I found a nice easy way just took 60 mins for creating a nice full 4+ gig DVD with added subs (any format subs including .ASS with all formats & effects).....All I did was change removed subtitling setting from Dvobsub (VSFilter) and then to setting on FFdshow to look for your subtitle, of course this will only add hard substiles to the finished product and you can only use the one subtitle file which you will need to extract from the original mkv file......just check before when you run the movie that the subs show & no conflicts with other subs.Run dvdSanta and get that to process your file. So far nothing out of sync and everything is high quality in very little time.  I think thats the
 problem for many.

  Guides: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t153058.html

  thanks & regards

  Jimmy