[Matroska-users] Re : .x264.mkv file.

thetrueavatar thetrueavatar thetrueavatar at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:12:44 CET 2006

What you really have is a video encoded in x264 that has been muxed into a
mkv container.
First you should remove all the crappy codecs that you have installed
before. You should use codecsnipper which is a simple program that will help
you to do that.
Then, you should install a h264 decoder. The simplest way is to install a
pack.
I suggest you to install satsuki decoder pack which is for me the best pack
because with it you only get what you really need (no encoder provided with
it only decoder).
I'm sure it support x264+aac into a mkv.