[Matroska-users] Two things I thought of, using matroska!

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Feb 6 08:28:16 CET 2006

Hi Simon,

how exactly are you creating editions ? Do you write the XML files by hand ?

For the subtitles to not show permanently, the XCT team always includes
an empty SRT subs track and make it default track (sometimes they add
movie information in it also, like codecs used, resolution, bitrates,
etc.). The better solution would be to bug haali about allowing to
switch off subs by default in the splitter. However, as MKV may contain
forced subs, thats not a good idea in general.

Hope this helped

P.S. Here you will find example files from the XCT team :
http://team-mkv.homedns.org:6969