[Matroska-users] How to create a structure with "copy \b" ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Feb 6 08:10:02 CET 2006

Hi

thetrueavatar thetrueavatar schrieb:

> Hello, I wanted create a big mkv with the bonus from Desperate housewives.
> For that I have encoded each bonus separately and I wanted to use
> "copy \b" to create a big mkv file.

MKV is not OGG, concatenating files with copy\b is not allowed, the
created MKVs will be invalid. Both mmg (mkvmerge GUI) and amg (avi-mux
GUI) do offer means to concatenate MKV files. Bear in mind, they do have
to have the same type and number of streams.

> However I want to regroup some bonus in categories such as "cutted
> scenes", "prefered scenes of the actress",.. for the navigation
> Moreover since bonus are spread on each dvd(6), I wanted to distribute
> them relatively to their dvd. So I want a structure like:
> DVD1-->cuted scene-->scene 1
>          -->others----------->scene 1
> DVD2-->cuted scene-->scene 2
> Is there a way to achieve such a result?

Yes, using 'EDITIONS' , something like enhanced and powerful chapters.
Unfortunately, there is still no easy way to make editions for the user.
movax, our new team member, had plans to make such an editor but he
didnt finish it. avi-mux GUI from http://alexnoe.matroska.org is
probably the best tool currently to make powerful chapters.
I recommend that you join our IRC channel on irc.corecodec.com #matroska
and talk to the author, alexnoe, about how to use it best.

Regards