[Matroska-users] problems with dvdsanta on mkv file

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Aug 2 21:36:20 CEST 2006

Ronald Ligteringen schrieb:

> Aloha,
>
> I tried to convert a mkv file to dvd like you described on your
> webpages, but when selecting the mkv file I got an error message
> saying: "Unsupported video stream"
>        CodecID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
>
>            PixelWidth : 1280
>            PixelHeight : 544

This should be clear, our homepage clearly states that video streams
with HDTV resolution, higher than original DVD resolution (720 x 480 or
720 x 576), are not supported by DVDSanta as of yet. Sorry, there is no
easy way to convert this into DVD, and if you do it you will loose
picture quality as this MKV has a better quality than DVD is capable of.
There are ways to do it, probably the best is Mediacoder from
http://mediacoder.sf.net , but none of them is really like a one-click
and go solution.

Regards