[Matroska-users] MKV file playing problems

K.E.Meadows at warwick.ac.uk K.E.Meadows at warwick.ac.uk
Sat Aug 12 15:24:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to play an MKV file with little success.  I have downloaded
the full matroska pack and all I can get out of the file is audio but no
video when I play it in VLC.  I have Windows Media player 10 and Media
Player Classic and when I open the file in either of these absolutely
nothing happens.  I would be very grateful if you could tell me what the
problem is and what I can do to sort it out.

Here is the report from MatroskaDiag:

Matroska file info : C:\Documents and Settings\Coupling\Coupling-Series
1-Episode 2-Size Matters.mkv
File size : 171.73 MB
File complete : yes
Duration : 00:00:00.000
Writing application : mkvmerge v1.6.5 ('Watcher Of The Skies') built on
Dec 29 2005 16:40:29
Muxing application : libebml v0.7.6 + libmatroska v0.8.0