[Matroska-users] Error opening MKV file

Marcelo Durand (mdurand) mdurand at cisco.com
Mon Aug 7 10:08:17 CEST 2006

Guys,

I tried to open an MKV (diag info below) with no luck. I guess I have
all the right SW installed.
Can somebody give me an idea as to why it would not open?
A datapoint: I tried all media players I have (windows mediaplayer,
zoomplayer, etc) and nothingworks
	however, when I try with winamp, I hear the sound in the file
but do not see the video.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Matroska file info : C:\My
Music\Downloaded\Lossless\The.Avengers.1965.S04E01.The.Town.of.No.Return
.DVDRip.XviD-PP.mkv
File size : 345.21 MB
TEbmlReader.ReaderHeader : EBML header ID not found (found 0xF1)

DirectShow RenderFile check :
Matroska Splitter : Gabest's Matroska Splitter

Installed : yes, in C:\WINDOWS\system32\MatroskaSplitter.ax (1.0.2.9)
Can be created : yes
Matroska Splitter : Haali's New Matroska Splitter

Installed : yes, in C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec
Pack\Filters\splitter.ax (1.6.224.23)
Can be created : yes
RenderFile with DirectShow : Cannot play back the file. The format is
not supported. (0x80040265)

DirectShow detailed rendering :
0> MyRenderFile : C:\My
Music\Downloaded\Lossless\The.Avengers.1965.S04E01.The.Town.of.No.Return
.DVDRip.XviD-PP.mkv
0> Creation of GraphBuilder : OK
0> Creation of FilterMapper2 : OK
32> Adding graph to ROT : OK
47> Creation of source filter : OK
47> # Rendering output pin C:\My
Music\Downloaded\Lossless\The.Avengers.1965.S04E01.The.Town.of.No.Return
.DVDRip.XviD-PP.mkv(Output)
47> Filters matching mediatype : Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder, DirectVobSub
(auto-loading version), DivXAntiFreeze, Ligos MPEG Splitter, ASX v.2
file Parser, .RAM file Parser, Matroska Splitter, AVI Splitter, AC3
Parser Filter, Subtitle Parser, ASX file Parser, NSC file Parser, OpenMG
Audio Decrypt Splitter, MPEG-2 Demultiplexer, QuickTime Movie Parser,
WavPack Audio Splitter, Ogg Splitter, Nero Video Decoder, Nero DVD
Decoder, MPEG-1 Stream Splitter, Nero Splitter
47> Trying connection to Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder :
47> Failed connecting pin to Ligos MPEG Audio Decoder, removing it now.
63> Trying connection to DirectVobSub (auto-loading version) :
63> Failed connecting pin to DirectVobSub (auto-loading version),
removing it now.
63> Trying connection to DivXAntiFreeze :
63> Failed connecting pin to DivXAntiFreeze, removing it now.
63> Trying connection to Ligos MPEG Splitter :
110> Failed connecting pin to Ligos MPEG Splitter, removing it now.
110> Trying connection to ASX v.2 file Parser :
110> Failed connecting pin to ASX v.2 file Parser, removing it now.
110> Trying connection to .RAM file Parser :
110> Failed connecting pin to .RAM file Parser, removing it now.
110> Trying connection to Matroska Splitter :
110> Failed connecting pin to Matroska Splitter, removing it now.
110> Trying connection to AVI Splitter :
110> Failed connecting pin to AVI Splitter, removing it now.
110> Trying connection to AC3 Parser Filter :
110> Failed connecting pin to AC3 Parser Filter, removing it now.
110> Trying connection to Subtitle Parser :
141> Subtitle Parser creation failed : : Class not registered
(0x80040154)
141> Trying connection to ASX file Parser :
141> Failed connecting pin to ASX file Parser, removing it now.
141> Trying connection to NSC file Parser :
172> Failed connecting pin to NSC file Parser, removing it now.
172> Trying connection to OpenMG Audio Decrypt Splitter :
172> Failed connecting pin to OpenMG Audio Decrypt Splitter, removing it
now.
172> Trying connection to MPEG-2 Demultiplexer :
172> Failed connecting pin to MPEG-2 Demultiplexer, removing it now.
172> Trying connection to QuickTime Movie Parser :
172> Failed connecting pin to QuickTime Movie Parser, removing it now.
172> Trying connection to WavPack Audio Splitter :
188> Failed connecting pin to WavPack Audio Splitter, removing it now.
188> Trying connection to Ogg Splitter :
188> Failed connecting pin to Ogg Splitter, removing it now.
235> Trying connection to Nero Video Decoder :
235> Failed connecting pin to Nero Video Decoder, removing it now.
250> Trying connection to Nero DVD Decoder :
250> Failed connecting pin to Nero DVD Decoder, removing it now.
266> Trying connection to MPEG-1 Stream Splitter :
266> Failed connecting pin to MPEG-1 Stream Splitter, removing it now.
266> Trying connection to Nero Splitter :
2625> Failed connecting pin to Nero Splitter, removing it now.
2625> MyRenderFile finished : There is no common media type between
these pins. (0x80040207)