[Matroska-users] need help with matroska

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Oct 20 17:45:08 CEST 2005

Matroska is not a codec but a container, like AVI (or ZIP in some ways).
It can contain many codecs and sometimes they are not supported by AVI
and ACM (the codec interface used for AVI). If you're not too scared,
you might try to open your file in GraphEdit and codec the audio pin to
an audio encoder. VLC might also help if it supports the audio codec you
have. It has a built-in wizard that will guide you through reencoding.