[Matroska-users] Re: [Matroska-devel] (no subject)

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Oct 12 07:11:17 CEST 2005

Erik,

the conversion with DVD Santa can only work if the file plays correctly
in Windows Mediaplayer (preferred : good old WMP 6.4, search for
mplayer2.exe on your Windows drive), or better Zoomplayer/MPC/TCMP.

Try our very latest pack from
http://www.matroska.org/~robux4/pack/Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.1.2rc3.exe to
resolve the audio issue, and try again. VLC is a great player, but
doesnt help here as its not DirectShow based, but DVD Santa uses
DirectShow to open the MKV files. If .mkv files are not recognized in
DVD Santa (must : 4.0 !) , simply set it to 'All files' in the opening
dialogue, we are about the resolve this issue with the DVD Santa developers.