[Matroska-users] need help with matroska

Paul Rodriguez srodrig1 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Oct 20 15:07:42 CEST 2005

I downloaded the Matroska Pack Lite from the Matroska website (Lite because I have Windows 98se). However, when using VirtualDub and following the instructions on videohelp.com (http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241422) to try and convert an mkv to avi, when I get to the third screenshot on that web page, instruction #2 (2. Click Save WAV to convert it to mp3, ignore that it says WAV, save it as track2.mp3), i get an error message that says "Error initializing audio stream decompression: The requested conversion is not possible. Check to make sure you have the required codec."   Now, I assume it's talking about the matroska codec, in which I downloaded. Do I need to do something special after downloading it to make it be able to be read by VirtualDub? Or is there something else I'm missing? Please help, I just can't seem to convert mkv to avi. Thank you very much for your time, Paul R.