[Matroska-users] Re: Cannot view the mkv file

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Oct 10 07:41:09 CEST 2005

Michelle Marki schrieb:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to figure out how to view the mkv file that I have
> downloaded, but it can only play the audio in the Core Media Player. I
> don't know what other codecs I would need.  I've submitted the file to
> the diagnosis screen, but I still do not know what to do.  Maybe the
> file is corrupted?  Please help.  Thank you.
> Michelle

If the file is corrupted, the audio won't play also. Did you install our
playback packs from http://packs.matroska.org ? Read the instructions in
it during install, most problems like this are caused by Realvideo being
used in the MKV, so you need Realplayer or Real Alternative installed
for the RV9/10 decoding. Alternatively, use another DirectShow based
player than CoreMediaplayer, like MPC ( Mediaplayer Classic ) or Zoomplayer.