[Matroska-users] mkv on mac?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Nov 28 19:26:44 CET 2005

Yes,

some codecs like Realvideo (RV9/10) or ON2 VP 6/7 are not supported on
MacOSX. This is not our fault though, but failure of the companies
making the codecs, and of the file creators using this in their MKV
files and not considering the incompatibility with Mac's .

Use the mkvinfo tool coming with the MacOSX compilation of MKVtoolnix,
to find out what codec IDs your MKV files have, for its audio, video and
subtitle tracks.

Regards

Christian