[Matroska-users] Re: please help

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Nov 24 19:50:53 CET 2005

Nipalaya Namasté schrieb:

> Hi.
> I'm an mkv user, and I have problem with my player. I used to play my
> video with the classic media player whit winXP but not for long I was
> obliged to come back on winMe. I download VLC, as said in the forum,
> but I only have sound. it can't read my video files. what can I do?
> what player should I install??
> thanks for your answer.
> a desesperate mkv fan :D.

I am sorry to say that many MKVs may not work on WinME anymore, because
of decoder incompatibilities. Did you try to use Media Player Classic,
with only the matroska lite pack installed, or an older version of the
full pack (1.0.3 is recommended) ? What codecs are being used in your
MKV file ? Can't you get a cheap license of Win2000 on ebay, to get rid
of Win ME one and for all times ?

Regards