[Matroska-users] mkvmerge: fps (default-duration) not set when using .mp4

Armin Müller amueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Mon Nov 21 14:43:47 CET 2005

Hello,

i want to create matroska files with the mkvmerge application under
Linux. My problem is, that the fps (default-duration) are not set in
the final .mkv file.
The source is a .mp4 file with MPEG-4 encoded video. Is it possible
to read the fps out of MPEG-4 encoded video? If i use an .avi (with
the same source video) the fps are set correctly.

Is this a big or working as intended? How can i fix this? Should I
reencode the files, maybe to an other format?

Btw. Is there an editor for changing/ setting the Matroska values
(metadata/ tags) in Linux (after the creation)?

thanks and best regards,

Armin