[Matroska-users] Re: If I sent this to the wrong person can you please forward it

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Nov 8 20:57:54 CET 2005

Bob,

download and install the win32 version of MKVtoolnix from
http://mkvmerge.matroska.org and load the MKV into mmg.exe (press 'add',
the point it to the MKV file in question). Make a screenshot of what
mmg.exe is showing then, and sent it to me as JPEG.

Normally you should see a list of all the video, audio and subtitles
streams in the file. If a subs stream is there (codec ID will start with
'S_xxxx' ), try to remux the complete file into a new MKV file by
specifying a new name for the output file.

What player are you using ? What matroska pack/splitter do you have
installed ? Can you see a matroska icon appearing in the bottom right
corner of your PC when trying to play the file in any DirectShow based
player, like TCMP or MPC ?