[Matroska-users] Re: 1.1 has lots of problems

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed May 18 07:54:13 CEST 2005

Anil,

thanks for the info. We tested the 1.1 version extensively, and besides
a strange incompatibility for MKV files with Realaudio ( RA8 / Cook ) on
one single old machine, there were no issues. Therefore we do believe
that you are having a codec pack or something else installed, which has
some interference and incompatibility with our new matroska splitter.

About OGM files, our pack never had support for these files. The only
interesting thing to us would be, if OGM files played fine before you
installed our pack, and dont play afterwards any longer ( this is NOT
our intention ). I recommend you do the following test :
During setup of the 1.1 pack, untick the installer option for the new
ffdshow, and install only the splitter. Note that MKV files with h.264
won't play then, unless you install a suitable decoder for h.264 video (
older ffdshow filters, like the one in the 1.0.3 pack, dont have have
support for this yet ).

Thanks for doing this test for us

Best regards

P.S: What Windows version are you on ?