[Matroska-users] muxing in vobsub files to a mkv

cyli at divmod.com cyli at divmod.com
Mon May 2 01:09:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

I apologize for the newb question, but I'm trying to mux vobsub files I obtained from dvd::rip into the ogm I obtained from dvd::rip.

They are compressed rar files containing .idx, .ifo, and .sub files.  I uncompressed these and used mmg to mux the .idx files and the .ogm file together, but I could not switch to subtitles in the resulting .mkv in mplayer, and the file crashed totem.

The add filter in mmg filtered out the .sub files, which seemed a bit odd to me, since the .idx files only seemed to contain timestamps.

Could someone please tell me how to mux in vobsub subtitles that are in .idx/.sub format?

Thank you very kindly,
Ying