[Matroska-users] Sub Problems

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Jun 8 14:29:06 CEST 2005

Hi Mikko,

vsfilter = DirectVobSub ( from gabest ). To make DVobSub work correctly
with Haali's splitter, you need the very latest version of it, which is
coming automatically together with Haali's splitter in our matroska
playback pack 1.1.1 from http://packs.matroska.org .

If you want the very latest version of Haali's splitter ( the one in the
pack is about 4 weeks old ) because you are also into viewing MP4 files
with it, there are 2 options :

1. First install matroska playback pack 1.1.1 ( giving you the latest
DirectVobSub ), then install latest Haali splitter once again

2. Download vsfilter.dll alone from http://sf.net/projects/guliverkli ,
copy it into c:\ and register it with a command like 'regsvr32
c:\vsfilter.dll' .. it should come back with the message 'registering
successful bla bla ...'

VLC is not DirectShow based, so it doesnt use vsfilter.dll or Haali's
splitter at all.

Hope this helped