[Matroska-users] Sync problems with Haali Splitter, when being used with XviD video decoder and CoreVorbis

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Jun 26 09:17:12 CEST 2005

Hi all, Hi Mike,

i am experiencing a strange bug  with a brand new 3 audio MKV ( made
with mkvmerge 1.4.2 ), all Vorbis audio. I disabled ffdshow recently, as
i had to face crashes of Explorer for MJPEG AVIs when ffdshow is
installed on my system ( not even deactivating MJPEG decoding could stop
it ). The movie is playing fine now with CoreVorbis ( from the 1.0.3
pack ) and XviD or 3ivX MPEG4 decoder, but after seeking it will loose
sync completely. This will also show because after seeking the audio is
missing completely for several seconds. When audio returns, its off sync.

With 3ivX video decoder, also the picture would stutter from time to
time. VLC can play the file perfectly.

Regards