[Matroska-users] Sub Problems

Mikko.Taipale at tukkk.fi Mikko.Taipale at tukkk.fi
Tue Jun 7 23:31:24 CEST 2005

Hey,

and sorry for me bothering, but I just wanted to ask about the works of mkv files with Windows Media Player 10.

I can play my mkv files most nicely with the Player but problem is that subtitles refuse to show up. I'm using DirectVobSub regularly and the odd thing is that subs show when I'm using VLC media player. I downloaded your Haali Media Splitter, but I suppose it has some troubles communicating with DirectShow and Gabest's Directvob for some reason. I suppose I could try to use VSFilter if it works or some other application, just that I don't have the slightest idea how to apply VSfilter or some other single file packs without any installation programs. I remain clueless. If you have any suggestions please send them to me. Just keep in mind that I'm no programming geek and I have some hardship using RegEdit or something else. I'm just a guy who knows a bit about computers and handling software, not the deepest secrets of them.

Thanks,

Mikko Taipale