[Matroska-users] a stupid blond needs help

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Jul 4 22:42:46 CEST 2005

Hi Anna,

you have to understand that a matroska file can contain MANY different
tracks using various video and audio compression standards. It seems the
author who made the file you have ( we don't wonna know where you have
it from ;-) ) decided to use the Realvideo compression standard for the
video track ( RV9, RV10, RV40 ). To play the file you need three things :

- our matroska full pack
- Realplayer ( Real One http://realnetworks.com ) or Real Alternative (
Google is your friend here )
- a DShow based player like BSplayer, Zoomplayer or Media Player Classic
( MPC )

If you decide to install Realplayer instead of Real Alternative, bear in
mind this player has no clue what MKV files are. It is just requried to
have this player or Real Alternative installed, so that Realvideo tracks
can be played on your PC. For playback of the file, use one of the three
Mediaplayers i gave above.

http://www.matroska.org