[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 1.5.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Jul 1 12:02:00 CEST 2005
It's been over two and a half months since the last release, and that's
quite a long time. But here it is: MKVToolNix v1.5.0.
This release contains a couple of new features (splitting after
arbitrary timecodes and muxing of USF subtitles) and tons of bug fixes.
The usual links to...
...the home page:
...the Windows Unicde binaries:
The other binaries are all available from the home page.
Here's the ChangeLog of what I've done in those past ten weeks:
2005-06-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The track language read from old Matroska
files was wrongfully set to "und" if it was not written although
the specs say that "eng" is the default value.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: USF subtitles: If identical tags were nested
(e.g. "font") and both were closed right after each other then the
result looked like "</font/>".
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Native MPEG-4 was not working if read from
2005-06-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Added an input box for mkvmerge's new "split
after these timecodes" feature.
2005-06-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fixes: Improved the native MPEG-4 generation a lot
(thanks to Haali for testing and pushing me). The codec version
string inside the MPEG-4 initialization data is now checked if it
indicates "DivX packed bitstream" and changed to not indicate it
2005-06-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: If mmg was minimized when it was closed (e.g. with
Windows' "Show desktop" function) then it didn't show up after a
restart and could only be shown by maximizing it.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: If a OGM style chapter file contains empty
chapter names ('CHAPTER01NAME=' without something after the '=')
then this chapter's timecode is used as the name instead of
2005-06-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added splitting after specific
2005-06-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract: bug fix: Inifite sized segments
were not handled correctly.
2005-05-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: On Windows mmg could be crashed by adding a file
and clicking into the empty space in the "track" selection
box. Fixes Anthill bug 133.
* mkvextract: new feature: Implemented the extraction of USF
* mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented the muxing of USF subtitles.
2005-05-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: The MPEG packets are now padded to 2048
byte boundaries as some programs require them to be. Patch by
Mike Matsnev (see AUTHORS).
2005-05-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: bug fix: Removed the restriction of max. ten levels of
* mmg: bug fix: If splitting was enabled and "splitting by time"
selected and the user chose "new" from the "File" menu then
"splitting by time" was not selectable anymore. This happened
only on Windows. Fixes Anthill bug 131.
2005-05-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvextract: bug fix: Use the native newline style when
extracting text subtitles (\r\n on Windows and \n on all other
* mkvextract: bug fix: SSA/ASS text was missing in the output if
the "Format=" line contained newlines at the end of the
CodecPrivate data (e.g. our old Mew Mew sample file).
2005-05-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for the ChapterSegmentUID
2005-04-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Support WAV files that use other RIFF chunks
than the usual "fmt " followed by "data".
2005-04-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Remuxing MPEG1/2 tracks resulted in a failing
Have fun :)
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users