[Matroska-users] mka in linux

kurtnoise at free.fr kurtnoise at free.fr
Thu Jan 13 18:42:29 CET 2005

>I am planning to convert some of my cd's into mka containers. In windows I can
>play these fine with foobar2000, but what is the status on playback in linux?
>Last time I tried mplayer, the chapters did not work. Is there any other apps
>that would be able to play matroska files?
>
>I'm also looking into tta lossless compression - but I guess linux has even
less
>support for that :(

Hi,

I tested the lastest GST-plugin (0.8.7) and tta files play fine. ;) Much more
infos on the web site : http://tta.corecodec.org/.

Another great news, kuniklo has made a wavpack plugin for the xmms player :
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=30615&hl= . I not
tested yet but it sound great...

++
Kurtnoise