[Matroska-users] mka in linux

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Jan 13 09:36:45 CET 2005

Hi,

ivanova a écrit :
> I am planning to convert some of my cd's into mka containers. In windows I can
> play these fine with foobar2000, but what is the status on playback in linux?
> Last time I tried mplayer, the chapters did not work. Is there any other apps
> that would be able to play matroska files?
>
> I'm also looking into tta lossless compression - but I guess linux has even less
> support for that :(

You might have a look at Amarok. It's based on GStreamer that does
support Matroska for a few codec and supposed to be as powerful as
iTunes. TTA is supposed to work in GStreamer, but I'm not sure it works
from Matroska. Nevertheless, I'm not sure wether GStreamer support
Matroska chapters or not...