[Matroska-users] Re: [Matroska-devel] Video playing error

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Jan 21 17:14:55 CET 2005

Robert Kabbabe schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I seem to have an error everytime I try playing a video using this
> codec.  I tried with 3 different video's but no luck at all.  It will
> just freeze up my computer.  I already downloaded the lazyman's
> version, then xvid, and Media Player Classic but no luck at all.  My
> OS is ME.  Any help?
>
> Robert

Sure.

Best advice : Upgrade your old, outdated Win ME to Win2000 or Win XP

Next advice : please turn to the matroska-users list with questions like
this, they definitely dont belong on matroska-devel

3rd advice : Forget about playback on DirectShow based players like
Windows Mediaplayer and MPC on this old retarded Windows, and use the
Windows compiles of VLC  http://www.videolan.org ( without Realvideo
support ) or Xine http://xine.sf.net ( including Realvideo support ) for
MKV playback on Win98/ME.

4th advice : If you insist in using Windows Mediaplayer, try Haali's
latest experimental splitter, there should be a link in the english news
section of our homepage.

Regards