[Matroska-users] Re: Help Please

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Jan 1 20:41:16 CET 2005

Hi Marc,

sorry, but you have to understand that we are very busy in further
improving our format, so we dont have the necessary time to help people
with this kind of things ( our heart is bleeding when people convert our
nice files into old MPEG stuff, just because they are all using
outdated, obsolete hardware players ). The only hint i can give you is
to use TMPGencoder. It has a module to open files with DirectShow
filters, so whenever you can play a file in Windows Mediaplayer ( WMP ),
TMPGencoder can also open the file for encoding into MPEG 1 ( VCD ) or
MPEG2 ( S-VCD/DVD ).

Sorry if i cant give you any better advice, but i know for sure Nero
wont work for what you are trying to do. Dont try to convert the MKV to
AVI first, there is a very good reason why we are working hard on MKV,
to be able to replace this old, outdated container ;-) ....