[Matroska-users] License

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Feb 24 18:07:12 CET 2005

Alexey a écrit :
> AFAIK Matroska is under the L-GPL License which you can view here:
> http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html
>
> Regards
>
> Alexey

Yes, libebml and libmatroska are LGPL. That means you can freely use
them in a commercial app. You only need to tell that you are using and
make changes you might have to do available to the ppl you sell the
product to.

If you want to code a parser/writer on your own, then you don't need to
pay anything neither.

In any case, if you have questions about the format it's better to ask
us than assuming false things. Because in the end possible bugs on your
side (or ours) might impact your work and ours.

Steve