[Matroska-users] Why doesnt mkvmerge support ISO639-1 codes anymore?

Alexey com at nforum.de
Fri Feb 4 02:12:27 CET 2005

Hi all again!

Meanwhile I wrote a chain of coreutils commands to extract the ISO-639-2
code for the respective ISO639-2:

mkvmerge --list-languages | grep -m 1 -e .*\|.*\|.*[^'co']xx | tr -s ' '
| sed -e s:' '::g | cut -f 2 -d \|

xx is the two-letter language code, the output is the three letter code.
I will use this in my script now but I would be still glad to know what
about "native" support for ISO-639-1.

Oh and I registered for this mailing list, so I think I should get all
the answers anyway.

Regards

Alexey