[Matroska-users] Encoding problems

Andrew T. theverylastsamurai at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:02:41 CET 2005

Hi, I had e-mailed Christian before and he very helpfully answered my
question.  But, I did use mkvmerge to make the .mkv.  VirtualDubMod does not
support AAC like I was using, so I had to use mkvmerge.  I had left all of
the settings on the default and simply added files, set the languages, then
mux'd.  When I watched the file, the best way I can describe the aberration
is that it is like a rainbow that follows certain areas.  It appears out of
no where then disappears.  Sometimes I have experienced this problem when
using an old Xvid codec, but it is usually fixed when I update.  In this
case, the original video did not have it, then it had it after using
mkvmerge.  Is there anyway to fix this or restore my video?  Thanks.

-Andrew