[Matroska-users] Re: [Matroska-general] Smaller filesize

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Feb 5 10:52:54 CET 2005

Andrew,

matroska has a lower overhead then most other containers, especially
AVI's created with Virtualdub/VirtualdubMod, thats why the files are a
little bit smaller, although none of the video/audio information is
missing or has been altered. About the problems you describe, did you
use mkvmerge or VirtualdubMod to create them ? Pls. note the latter is
more or less a discontinued project, and matroska support in it is
suboptimal. Maybe thats where the problems were coming form, its hard to
judge from the information you are giving us. Use mkvmerge to remux the
file into a new MKV, and try again.

Ah, and BTW, this email should be going to matroska-users , not
matroska-general

http://www.matroska.org