[Matroska-users] Problem with Matroska Pack Full v1.1.2

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Dec 27 17:31:47 CET 2005

Drew Oliver schrieb:

> Hello,
>    I am sorry to bother you but I am having problems. I have
> downloaded one of the packs before thinking it would finally allow me
> to play certain files I couldn't before, and when I downloaded it, it
> seemed to do nothing. I was told by people that I could watch say mkv
> and Matroska Files with this but as I try the different programs to
> watch it, it continues to tell me I can't. I fully installed the
> program and tried Divx and Windows Media Player along with a few
> others. Niether allowed me to play the file. WMP just had a problem
> and i couldn't get sound or picture just a random design while Divx
> wouldn't even allow me to try the file even with this addon. I am not
> sure if I am just not doing something right or whatnot but this is
> just not good. If you can help me in any way it would be greatly
> apprieciated. I really want to watch my stuff and I hear this program
> is good just not sure why it is not working for me.
> Thank you and hope to hear from you soon
> -Drew

Drew,

did you try the old Windows Mediaplayer, Version 6.4, already ? Its
still coming with every Windows installation and exists in parallel to
the newer versions, just dearch your C: drive for  'mplayer2.exe' . If
this player still won't play your MKV, you have to use a tool called
'matroskadiag.exe' , which will be installed on your PC with the
matroska full pack. ( 'Program Files' 'matroska' 'matroskadiag' ). Use
the tool to analyze your MKV file and the file parsing process, and send
us both logs as txt files to this list here.