[Matroska-users] help needed to play a video file

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Dec 25 16:26:49 CET 2005

Hi Karen,

where did you get the file from ? Looks like its corrupted, either
during the download or by failure during the burning process to CD/DVD ?
We had long time plans to code a repair tool for such broken files, but
all you can do for the time being is to try VLC Mediaplayer from
http://videolan.org (latest version is 0.8.4) as its currently the most
forgiving player for broken files, as its not DirectShow based.

P.S. If you are an advanced PC user, you could also try to use
MKVtoolnix to try remuxing the file http://mkvmerge.matroska.org .
However, this will most probably give you a half working file, if at
all. Best is to try downloading the file again ...