[Matroska-users] I need help with the Mastroka codecs

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Dec 20 21:23:38 CET 2005

a_a,

i am sorry to say but Windows 98 is an obsolete OS, and not supported by
most of our stuff. You also have to be aware that most of the video
compression methods used in MKV files today will require at least an
Athlon XP > 1GHz for smooth playback, so you maybe wont be able to play
the MKV file you got at all on your old PC.

Last thing i can recommend to you is to try VLC 0.8.4 player from
http://videolan.org . Its not based on DirectShow, so you don't need any
matroska packs installed. Also its reported to work fine on Win9X.