[Matroska-users] Re: [Matroska-general] WTF happened to my AVi and MPG files

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Dec 18 13:36:03 CET 2005

Ruben,

are you sure you do have the matroska full pack installed ? Our full
pack is coming with the famous ffdshow decoder, a free decoder filter
based on a library made of the great FFMPEG L-GPL decoders for Linux.
You are obviously lacking a decoder filter for AC3 audio, thats why your
first AVI has no sound. ffdshow has all of that, and it won't display
any DivX logos during playback. This logo is an indication to me that a
VERY OLD version of the old DivX decoder is still installed on your PC,
causing the slow playback.

If you do have the full pack installed, can you please check in 'program
files' 'matroska pack' 'ffdshow' 'configuration' and send me another
screenshot of the 'codecs' configuration page of ffdshow, so that i can
see if ffdshow is set to decode stuff, and what ?

Christian