[Matroska-users] Re: Matroska

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sun Aug 28 12:41:29 CEST 2005

Hi David,

please send requests like this to matroska-users at lists.matroska.org in
future, to assure you get help quicker. I am in Italy in vacation for
the time being, mailing you via GPRS (paid by my company ;).. lol).

In the matroska full pack, which i assume you are having installed,
there is a tool called

matroskadiag.exe

It's a file examination tool to find out what streams/tracks your MKV
file is containing, and if a suitable decoder filter for it is installed
on your computer. If not, it will point you at a place where to find
this decoder. If this doesnt help, send the txt log from the app to the
email list adress given above, and we wil help.

Bear in mind, matroska is a general use container format and we are not
responsible for the content people pack into MKV files, and we dont know
normally what kind of compression methods they will use for audio and
video compression. matroska is the one container with the biggest number
of supported audio, video and subtitles standards, that makes it hard
sometimes to help our users, especially when those people distributing
the files don't give any form of advice with the files.

http://www.matroska.org