[Matroska-users] Re: Help!

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Mon Aug 8 22:53:29 CEST 2005

Chrisselle Ahpin schrieb:

> I recently downloaded a few files in the mkv format. I have since
> downloaded realplayer, the codec pack available at your site, as well
> as media player classic. Neither Windows media 10, nor the classic
> version will play the file, instead an error message will pop up
> stating that the first element in the file is not EBML. I'm a newbie
> at computers and have no clue how to fix this. Any tips/help would be
> much appreciated, thank you.

http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/1013p5.html

It appears to me that there is a file availabl for download that is
simply corrupted, as we had more requests like this recently. Please
email me the bittorent or ed2k link of the file in question, so that i
can try to stop these people distributing faked/corrupted MKV files.