[Matroska-users] Re: Re: libebml GCC4 diff

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Fri Apr 15 15:45:24 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:53:19PM +0200, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Make a list :) (no, not a mailing list, of course, a list of list's
> preferences ;))

Well, it's almost easy:
  - lkml (and related, like acpi-devel) or "where kernel guys hang out"
      => inline
  - everywhere else
      => attach
:-)

> I didn't find it on my own either -- another user reported that 1.4.0
> and newer were broken. It took me quite some time to figure out what was
> wrong, especially as the only AMD64 machine I have access to is one in
> sourceforge's compile farm. I can't run extensive tests there either...

Well, i have the hardware (i could even test on S390 ;-) but well, so
many packages, so little time :-) And since it seems that i am the only
SUSE-internal user of mkvtoolnix, it did obviously not get tested on
anything than i386 (apart from maybe me starting mmg on x86_64 but if it
did not segfault on startup, it passed my test ;-)

Is the AMD64 fix easy to backport to 1.4.0? This is the version that's on
SUSE 9.3 and i won't get a version upgrade approved for YOU, but a fix to
1.4.0 would be nice (but everyone should use the latest and greatest from
/pub/people/seife anyway ;-).

Have a nice weekend,

   Stefan
--