[Matroska-users] How to create a DVD

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Apr 9 22:24:44 CEST 2005

Ashe,

pls. understand matroska is not a format, its just a container. It will
allow you to pack different audio and video compression formats into a
single matroska file, so the excellent quality your file had is a result
of the capabilities of the responsible codec developers, and not our
performance.

For converting the file into DVD ( MPEG2 ), use TMPGencoder. It has a
DirectShow source reader plugin, that will allow to convert every video
file into MPEG format if Windows Mediaplayer can read it. Just set the
'open file' dialogue window of TMPGencoder to 'all files' so you can see
the MKV file, as very unfortunately the authors of TMPG continously
refuse to add .mkv to the list of supported video formats.

Regards

Christian