[Matroska-users] Re: rmvb

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Apr 14 01:45:22 CEST 2005

Maria,

just do what we told you already. Install
http://packs.matroska.org/packs/Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.1.0.beta.exe and
report back to us. Its IMPOSSIBLE that both languages play at the same
time, if you install this new pack. Forget converting the file to a DVD,
you obviously neither have the knowledge nor the feeling of what would
be necessary to achieve that, as its a very complicated task. In other
words, matroska container was NOT INVENTED to allow easy converting of
the files  into DVDs, as matroska can hold streams that can not be put
into a DVD. Your goal should be to play the file as is, without
extraction of streams.

Other hints :
- forget VirtualdubMod for MKV handling, this tool is abandoned and outdated
- i don't believe Zoomplayer will not be able to play the MKV file, if
TCMP can play it. IMO you are simply giving us wrong info here, for
whatever reason
- if TCMP can not render the file, you won't hear or see anything
- if Realplayer is installed, you will be able to play MKV files with
realvideo content ( we rape its decoder ), but this doesnt mean
Realplayer should be used to play MKV files ( it cant, and won't ever be
able to )
- once you demux the MKV files into its components ( rmvb video, aac
audio, ssa subtitles ) of course you can't watch the video fully with
everything. After all, matroska was invented and is being used by so
many people because there is no other container on this planet allowing
to play a video files with these component tracks ;) .....

Regards