[Matroska-users] (no subject)

Maria Duarte mariaduarte at cegetel.net
Mon Apr 11 16:09:39 CEST 2005

Could you please help me? I downloaded the movie neverland (I would like to burn it in english with english subtitles). I don't understand anything about files, filters, codecs or anything like that. I read all about matroska files to be able to watch the movie but I didn't succeed:

-with the core media player I only get audio (both in french and english) and a message saying "> TCMP's Core can not render the file : C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Propriétaire\Mes documents\Mes vidéos\Neverland\Neverland.mkv
> Certains flux de ce film ont un format non pris en charge.
> TCMP's Core can not render the file : C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Propriétaire\Mes documents\Mes vidéos\Neverland\Neverland.mkv
> Certains flux de ce film ont un format non pris en charge."

-with zoom player, I can't even open the file: error message: unable to play the file due to a corrupt file, missing filters, filter conflicts or hardware related issues

-with virtualdubmod the error message is "only handle [s_text/] subs for the moment

-I also tried river past, avisynth, EO video, gordia knot (can't make it work), real player and many other programs (all that I found) and I still can't play or convert this file. I can watch it without sound with wondows media player or real player and I can hear the audio with real player, but can't manage to have video, audio and subtitles. Could you please help me?

Thanks,
Maria.