[Matroska-users] Re: Matroska in Windows media player

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Wed Sep 22 07:43:05 CEST 2004

Enrico Palmeri wrote:

> I have installed matroska pack, but .mkv files are not played by
> Windows Media Player and other direct show players. Could you give me
> a clue on how to fix this issue?
>
> Regards
>
> Enrico

Enrico,

we invested quite some time into the 1.0.3 installer pack to avoid
problems like this. Did you read all the messages the installer was
giving you, especially the very last page where the installer is
checking if you have Realvideo decoders installed ? Where did you get
your MKV files from, and do they have 'RV9' or 'RV10' in the file name ?